Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tomorrow

Tomorrow I will be the ripe old age of twenty-two. That doesn't actually sound very old to me anymore for some reason. In fact, I think it sounds a bit young, especially for having two children in my care.
It will be our "Golden Birthday"... I remember when my cousin, Sam, had her golden birthday. I think she was five. I wanted so badly to have golden birthday too, but Mom informed me that I'd have to wait until I was twenty-two years old, since our birthday is on the 22nd of May. To a five year old, those years seemed like an endless stretch of time, that I couldn't even begin to fathom. Kind of like eternity or something. But here I am... twenty two years old already.
Now I am married, have two babies, and live in Nebraska, where golden birthday's don't matter a whole lot. Gabe didn't even know what I meant when I mentioned that Lance and I would be having a golden birthday.
Abbey ordered some flowers for me and we picked them up today while we were in Seward. They are beautiful. Thank you Abbey, I think I shall try to preserve them with silica gel, they are too pretty to throw away. Gabe got me a gift while were in Seward, but tried to be real sneaky about it. I think it's a new journal. We got some columbine plants too, and I am supposed to be planting them, but I thought I should post while I was inspired.
Gwen and Myles are both napping... I love when they both nap at the same time. It is such a pleasant feeling to have quietness all to myself for a bit. Myles is doing ever so much better, I'm not sure if it's because he is growing up, or because I have been on a dairy free diet, or the if it's the probiotics, or all three. I am just happy that he is happy. I feel a bit deprived though, not having had ice cream for a month or so, except for one time.
So Happy Birthday Lance and Me. I think you should come surprise me, Lance. That would be fun. It's sad not spending our birthday together. Aren't twins supposed to be together on their birthday?

JENNY

7 comments:

amyjane30 said...

Happy Birthday Lance and Jenny. Did you notice on the calendar that Mom made for the Skrivseth family it's still says Lance and Jenny Graber?! I thought that was funny. And by the way...I've been thinking all week that it's your golden birthday. So I guess that makes me a different brand of Nebraskan?! :) I figured out what golden birthdays were about the time I turned seven...and I remember feeling bad I didn't know about it earlier...something about wishing I could have anticipated it more?! :)
Yes, Lance should have come down. I agree.

Charlotte said...

And Happy Birthday to you Jenny. We almost came this weekend, but the guys decided they couldn't quite afford it. Does the thought count though?
And I'm glad Myles is doing better. But no ice cream for a month? I'd die!

Francis Cross said...

Happy Birthday Jenny.

Arla said...

Happy Birthday, Lance and Jenny,
Hardly seems like 22 years ago that we anticipated Baby A and Baby B and spent a week at the Duluth hospital area to stop too earlier a labor after spending a day at my Grandma Kauffman's funeral. We bought two more weeks of prenatal care done the best way. Then the day you were born, we had something like 8 people in the room. We had my coach, your dad, three doctors and nurses galore. It was kind of a victory day for Dr. Bohak because she'd had a patient lose twins in the parking lot not so long before that and she was just a little freaked about dealing with twins again at the moment. But everyone did a good job including me, if I may say so and we ended up with Lance weighing in at 5 lb and 11 oz and Jenny at 6 lb and 3 oz. They were the tiniest most pathetic babies I'd ever laid eyes, and we loved them all to bits. By six weeks,they'd both gained some schpeck and were rather respectable, cute, sweet, lovable bundles.
And here they are today, all grown up!

Lisl said...

I didn't know you and Myles were suffering. And I forgot it was your birthday. How lame is that? I mean, I knew it was coming up but totally missed it on the day. And I did the same with Mother's Day. I'm a bit ditsy. Happy late Birthday anyway.

Abbey said...

Your welcome. Glad you like, them thanks for picking them up! :-) Love you

Anonymous said...

I thought of your birthday! but I didn't get to wish you a happy one. But it does sound like it was good! :) Love ya, KL

Post a Comment