Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Busy times in Nebraska

Here in the "Good life" state of Nebraska, we find ourselves rather busy this week. There are several reasons for that, but the two most important are the fact that we have revival meetings this week, and the weather has cleared up enough for harvest to resume again. Both of these things are very good, and we're quite thankful for them.

As you may have gathered from my past blogs, the weather has been quite unsatisfactory for harvest this season, as it seems to rain about every three days. The damp weather has contributed greatly to the grain not drying down properly in the fields, but with sunny weather predicted this week, we have hopes of that changing quickly. I helped Dad with harvest this afternoon for awhile, the soybeans are dry enough, but at a few places he was going through standing water with the combine. Oh well, at least we're about done with them.

Paul Shirk from Macon, Mississippi is here preaching revival meetings for us. We've had two very good sermons so far, tonights was on the 10'th chapter of Mark, regarding the "one thing" that we can have lacking in our lives, as the rich young ruler. He spoke also about other "one things" in the chapter, such as marital relationships, family relationships, fear of the future, or attitudes such as pride. As a side note, I think he gave the best intellectual argument that I've heard for not calling your children "kids". I shall attempt to paraphrase what he said, as I cannot recall well enough for a perfect quote. "Kids are the offspring of goats. There is coming a time when the Judge of all the earth will separate the sheep from the goats. We want our children to be among the sheep not the goats, therefore let us raise them as sheep, not goats, and not refer to them as "kids"." He said it with a smile, and I don't think I was the only one smiling in return. I don't think that's probably a point on which to base doctrine, but.....

Do you want to see the latest in our remodeling of "George's" bedroom?



We think that we like it, what do you think? ~GB



P.S. For those of you who like to read what Jenny has to say, I might mention that it is an encouragement to post comments......

4 comments:

Arla said...

It's a rather lovely room, Jenny, and I did post a comment on your friends post.

Lisl said...

Maybe you should come tell me how to fix up my bedroom downstairs...

Charlotte said...

Jenny, please come do my house for me. At least tell me what to do with my bedroom.

Abbey said...

That is very descriptive decorating, it doesn't tell me of George is a boy or girl!! :( It is very nice though :)

Post a Comment