Thursday, March 4, 2010

The arrival of Spring


This year, Spring has been looked forward to eagerly by Jenny and I for several reasons. Mainly, it's a milestone in our lives as we look forward to our first child (and incidentally the cutest infant ever, in my humble opinion), but the other reason is that winter has dragged on horribly long and we are ready to see something other than dirty snow. If you would like to understand just how welcome spring is, take a look at our yard......

See? It's not pretty. Now I admit that I went out this evening with the intent of taking the ugliest picture of our yard I could find, and I think I did pretty well. I also made an effort to showcase the big water ponds and mud in a positive way also as in here:

And here.
You'd think we lived on a lake. Not so far fetched, actually.

Behold our lake! This is the field right west of our house. It's not terribly deep, but it would make a great skating rink if it freezes. I'll try not to let Jenny skate on it if it does, but that might be a little hard. She thinks it's pretty bad that she's not allowed to skate.

Well the other reason that I'm so glad to have Spring come is that I'm getting sick and tired of this quilting business....It's fine when Jenny does it. But have you ever tried to actually make that thread go into that tiny hole in a needle? It's not for the faint of heart.


I'm ready to get outdoors and find a new hobby.

What else to say? Our tomato plants are doing pretty well. In addition, Jenny has started Hollyhocks, Columbine, Butterfly flowers, English Daisies, Broccoli, and Cauliflower. I am wondering if I spelled that right. Oh well, it's all growing. We just are waiting for the snow to clear out and the ground to dry up (and warm up) enough to start planting!

~GB

6 comments:

KL said...

So were you calling yourself "faint of heart"?
That 2nd picture is really pretty. Looks like spring is coming sooner your way then ours. Tho' spring is definitely on the way!! :)

Arla said...

Nice spring! I'm impressed that you're quilting Gabe. Fatherhood must be doing you good. :)

amyjane30 said...

If you purse your mouth like that to thread that needle it most ALWAYS helps!!! :)

Clark said...

All that water makes me think about boats and fishing. Any bass in there?

Abbey said...

Your face expression reminds me of ones Brad makes :)

Rachel said...

Now if that were Deep Creek Lake in Maryland your propterty would be very valuable, enjoy it while you can

Post a Comment