Tuesday, November 16, 2010

You know you've been married awhile when....

....You drop the child(ren) off at Grandmas house to be baby sat, head to the car with your wife in anticipation of a nice evening of shopping alone, reach for your wifes door handle, and she says....."Oh, did you want me to drive?"

I don't really have a reason for posting this evening. I'm not even sure what I should post about, so perhaps it would be better if I didn't.

I could regale you with deer hunting stories, but unfortunately they aren't all that spectacular this year. Yes I did shoot a little buck, and yes, earlier in the day I shot at and missed (I have no good excuse) a really nice big buck that was so big that in a weird way I'm glad I missed because it would have been a shame not to mount him, and I just don't need another big buck hanging on my wall. You were saying about run-on sentences Frank? Oh, and tonight I missed a doe at pretty long range. So I'm not hitting things quite as well as I'm accustomed.

Well, the dogs are outside barking at the coyotes. Jenny is sitting in the recliner reading her book. Gwen is standing beside me saying "ooohh, aaahhh, daaaa, daaaa" with the occasional Canadian "Eh?" thrown in. Not sure where she gets that, but it must come from her mothers side. It's dark out. It's pleasantly dim inside. The fire keeps us warm, and we're all cozied up for a nice evening in our little house.

Speaking of Gwen, she seems to think that it would be a good idea to walk soon. So she's practicing standing up without holding on to things. She's to the point where she can do it indefinitely, but she rarely will stay still long enough to stand for an extended period. So she just stands up, looks around, and dives for whatever catches her fancy. Or sometimes plops back down on her bottom. I tried to get her to take a step to me, but so far she just lunges at me.

Okay, my cup of inspiration which was dangerously low when I started this post has run completely dry. Do have a good evening all....

~GB


5 comments:

Arla said...

Good post. I like the first paragraph.

Danae said...

I like the first paragraph too...gave me a good laugh. :)

Abbey said...

You could put your buck heads in your newly cleaned shop :)

Lisl said...

Nice post, now we know you're still alive. I wish Gwen and Jube could know each other now. Only Jube might be a bad influence. Right now he's in a tank top and pamper, standing in the middle of the kitchen on a rather high green stool--hollaring.

Lisl said...

It was nice to get an update of sorts, thanks! I'm not sure which door you opened though: The driver's door for Jenny; or the passenger's door--and Jenny thought you were opening it for yourself.

Now if you just make your posts a little bit shorter, you can start Facebooking--you have the randomness down pat. ;-) Dru

Post a Comment