Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My New Job

I found this article interesting. I would venture to guess that most stay at home moms don't sit around trying to figure out how much money they would be making if the got paid to do what they do, because, as this article points out, they are reaping other rewards.
It is easy for me to get caught up in the whirl of work and wet diapers and whiny babies, and forget about why I'm here and what really matters. Does it really matter if the floor didn't get swept today and that the bathroom is long overdue for a cleaning? Is it more important to get the laundry folded or to sew a new dress for my little girls dolly? It is sometimes so hard for my to discern between needs and wants and which priorities are most important.
I would like to live in a calm and clean environment, yet I really would like to get some sewing projects done. Should I even be taking the time to post on this blog? Ahhh.... I wish I had all the answers and was always full of energy and vim and vroom. On gray rainy days like today I just feel like sitting around and sleeping and it seems like I don't get anything done. I really must go check on the babies and put my laundry away.

2 comments:

Arla said...

Yes, and now that our children are beyond diaper stage by quite a few years; I have time to create. Even as I comment here the house is in some disorder because there's more to life than keeping all the cushions straight and the floors perfectly swept. Today, I made a Merry Christmas banner with the Cricut, tacky spray, and glitter for the white board after Amy organized all the pictures of our friends on it. Also discovered that it's fun to cut large 5 inch snowflakes with the Cricut, spray both sides and add glitter. Very nice for Christmas decor.

amyjane30 said...

This was a very nice post. And I wanted to comment on it. And I had all kinds of good thoughts on it. But they're too many. So we'll have to talk tomorrow while we make Christmas cookies. You're doing an excellent job from my view point over here.

Post a Comment