Sunday, May 27, 2012

Update on Myles

It's Sunday morning, and we're enjoying a nice long morning...   The table is set for company and the china is reflecting the centerpiece bouquet Jenny picked last evening from her flowerbeds.   The children are having breakfast, and I'm taking just a few minutes to update you all.

Myles has done so well since his surgery, and we are sure that the prayers of all of you have contributed to his quick recovery.   His eyes look better (as far as alignment) and the redness will go down within a week or two.   We've avoided infection so far and things are looking very well. 

Jenny and I are beginning to realize just how much this surgery has helped Myles vision. 

The first afternoon home from the hospital (the day of surgery) he was looking at the computer screensaver from across the room and started pointing and jabbering excitedly, and it was hard to believe that he really could see it better.   Or was at least seeing the pictures better than he ever had.    We didn't realize just what all he was missing.   Myles was in the kitchen and I was in the living room and I called to him.  He looked at me, and I realized that he was actually seeing me. I was used to him cocking his head and looking my direction, but he was actually seeing me!  Gwen was in the kitchen in her high chair and he was in the living room and they started laughing and playing peekaboo.   He never interacted with her from that distance before, and we just now realized it's because he didn't have the vision to see her well enough at that range.

 Last night he was standing by the living room window when he started talking and pointing out the window.   I looked and saw that he was looking across the yard at the goats.   He NEVER would have done that before.   We just didn't realize how much he was missing.....

We are ever so thankful to God for the improvements we've seen, and we will appreciate your prayers as Myles continues to heal.

4 comments:

David said...

We're thankful too!

Arla said...

And so are we! Praise the Lord.

Francis Cross said...

So glad :)

Lisl said...

Oh, I'm glad. I wonder how frustrated he was at just plain not being able to see! Maybe this will make a happier more independent baby out of him.

Post a Comment