Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Posted by Picasa
Hi everybody!
We have had such a beautiful snowstorm, and now I have something inspiring to write about :) We've gotten lots of snow in the last few days, as you can see from the pictures. Last evening, the wind began to blow quite blusteringly and by this morning, we were really, and truly, snowed in. We still are actually :) I am enjoying it very much. This morning we went outside, and while Gabe shoveled snow, I took pictures and admired the drifts that grew during the night. It is still rather blustery and cold outside, and the sun is shining brightly... a beautiful day in Nebraska!
Yesterday Gabe and I braved the elements and made a quick trip to Seward and while we were there got a whole stack of books from the library. So that should help keep us occupied as we enjoy our snowed in state.
Also, I have been enjoying Christmas music and Christmas decorations, and tomorrow we Burkey ladies are going to have our Christmas cookie day...
I hope you all have wonderful day.... I'm planning to!

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Oo, I'm jealous! The 8-12" we were supposed to get didn't amount to more then 5 or 6". We were so looking forward to being snowed in but that didn't really happen. :(

amyjane30 said...

Hey! cool! She did it! I'm looking forward to Christmas cookie day too...what's the chances we can even all get there?

Arla said...

A snowstorm for Jenny! Good for you. We have a little snow, a lot of icy roads, and cold.

Arla said...

Gabe, the layout is really neat. I would be so happy if you would show me how to do this when you come. Just remember that imitation is the best compliment. :) amg

Post a Comment