Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Google must have been listening

I guess they heard us.

Google has been so kind as to now give us all the option of totally disabling and deleting Buzz from our accounts. The little "turn Buzz off" link doesn't actually delete it, it just makes so you can't see it. To delete Buzz totally, here's what you do. First of all, you need to get into your Google profile. You can do this through Buzz (which is how I did it). If you have Buzz turned off, just turn it back on, and then click the Buzz icon. When it opens, click "Edit" (it's right after your name) to edit your profile. Scroll down to the bottom and you will find the nice little option that Google just provided us, which allows you to disable Buzz and remove it from your account. To quote Google "This will disable Google Buzz integration in Gmail and delete your Google profile and Buzz posts. It will also disconnect any connected sites and unfollow you from anyone you are following." Handy, huh? If you don't use Buzz I recommend doing this, (rather than just turning it off) as it will totally disable it, instead of just not allowing you to see it.

Of course maybe you all like Buzz and want to keep it. If you do, fine, but so far all it's done for me is to allow me to see everyones status that they post all day long, which frankly isn't all that interesting.

Well, I just thought I'd say something about this for those who might not find out about being able to delete Buzz.

~GB

A P.S. here. On my own account, it didn't actually get rid of the Buzz icon, it just deleted my profile and my followers. I still have to click the "Turn buzz off" thing to make so I don't see it. Oh, and an easier way to do the whole "delete Buzz etc..." is to just turn it back on (if you've turned it off) and then hit the "turn off Buzz" at which point you will see the option to permanently disable it. (Well, permanently as in until you click the icon to turn it back on)

3 comments:

Arla said...

I'm glad you brought this up, again. I think I'm truly rid of the Buzz now.

Abbey said...

Thanks Gabe, I am now Buzzless.

Noah Lattin said...

ditto on the previous :) :)

Post a Comment