Monday, February 15, 2010

Our First Anniversary

Roses from Gabe
We celebrated our anniversary, by going out to eat at "Chances R", which is a lovely restaurant in York. It was very nice :) The day of our anniversary dawned windy and snowy, so we spent a quiet day at home, since church was canceled. We did go down to Mom and Dad Burkey's later on in the afternoon for a little while. I borrowed a couple stacks of books from mom, and we spent the rest of the evening reading. I would say it was a wonderful way to spend an anniversary.
The last year has gone by so fast! It just doesn't seem like a year ago that we were saying our "I do's " :) It has been a good year... and we are so thankful that God has blessed us with this time together so far, and we look forward to many more years together!
The last year has brought many changes to my life. Nebraska is definitely different than Wisconsin! But I've learned to love it here too, and have found that Nebraska does know how to have winter after all! I guess the landscape isn't really the most important change I've had in my life. Getting to know a new church and making friends here, has had challenges all of it's own. I am happy to say that I have learned to know people so much better, and I really appreciate our church here. And then, of course, it is so nice having Gabe's parents and family all nearby, so that we are not lacking in family either!
Of course the biggest, most important change that has happened in our lives, is one that is still in progress, you might say :) We are looking forward very much to our baby's arrival. I am becoming more impatient, since I have begun to feel most elephantine. I think wistfully of the days when I could bend over to tie my shoes. We have the cradle all set up, and I was showered with many lovely gifts by the church ladies last Monday evening, so now all we need is the baby!
I hope you all have a lovely week, and I will post again someday, but not too often, since that wouldn't be in keeping with my record so far. I have to wait until something dramatic happens. JMB

4 comments:

KL said...

So good to hear from you Jenny dear!
Glad to hear you had a wonderful anniversary! I had intentions to write you a nice lil e-mail to wish you a good one!...
(it was kinna funny, we were sitting around relaxing yesterday and Lavina is like, "isn't this Jenny's anniversary?"
"Jenny who?" "You know, Jenny Graber. Didn't she get married on Valentines Day?" "oooh yeah! that's riiight!! Thanks for reminding me." :)
Anyhoo... Hope you have a lovely evening! love you, KL

Abbey said...

Hey Jenny, thank you for posting again. I like 'hearing' your voice, so please do it again soon!!
Love you!

Arla said...

Jenny dear,
Loved your post. I am glad you're at home in your new home: church, family, and friends.

Lisl said...

Jenny...you really should break your "tradition" of not writing very often. Glad to hear you had a vonderful goot day.

Post a Comment