Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Layout....

I've been hearing from some of you that it's about time to change my layout to something a bit more springlike. So here you go!

The two pictures featured in this layout were taken in the past week. Clark and Charlotte came and visited, and last Saturday we enjoyed going out to Kearney Ne. That's west of here about 150 miles or so. We visited the Kearney Arch, and watched the Sandhill Cranes at sunset over the Platte River. The picture above is Sandhill Cranes silhouetted in the sunset on a little island in the Platte.

The background picture was taken a mile from our house in my favorite little old graveyard. Clark and I enjoyed taking pictures together, and did quite a bit of it. To see more of the pictures I got over the weekend, you can click here to visit my picasa.

Jenny enjoyed having her family here over the last week and a half, you will see pictures of that as well.

This little baby of ours is doing pretty well, notwithstanding that a certain saying about babies is applicable. It goes something like "having a newborn baby in the house is a lot like heaven, there is no night there...." Perhaps that explains why you haven't heard much from us lately.

Gardening has been going pretty strong here for me. I've got about half the garden planted, which keeps my evenings busy, along with getting the yard in shape to mow, and mowing it. I planted about a thousand sweet onions last evening, and have regular onions, peas, radishes, kohlrabi, garlic, lettuce, and spinach all growing. I also have the potato's planted, but haven't seen them yet. Ditto on the green beans (I know it's too early, but hey, they might not freeze off, and if they don't I get them that much sooner).

Well, thanks for stopping by and don't forget to comment and tell me how you like the layout. We sort of departed from the traditional picture of the "little white house".

~GB

4 comments:

David said...

It looks much better than snow for this time of year.

Westwoods said...

Aahh... Much better. The snow was getting a little depressing. Hello to Jenny and babe... Shilah

amyjane30 said...

If I may be so bold...I like the new layout but I don't like pictures for backgrounds....they upset my eyes!!! :) But ya nice pictures anyhow. I guess you guys could book a room in my basement sometime and I could stay up w/ the baby....otherwise I feel your pain but don't know what else to do to help. Be a brave little piglet Jenny....it will get better and the worlds not going to crash in just yet....altho I've wished it would sometimes! Good night, Amy

Arla said...

Great improvement Gabe, thanks. Yup, no night there is the thing. Might as well enjoy it.

Post a Comment