Thursday, October 29, 2009

I made it

Having made it through the past weekend with minimal lasting side effects, I shall attempt to elucidate my thoughts. I should have let you all know that I'm okay before now, but as with all deep emotional and psychological struggles (supposedly), I had to allow some time (for healing, of course) to pass before being able to fully open myself up about the events of the weekend. Plus I had to work other evenings and it's raining now so I don't have good enough reasons to be outside.

It was an emotionally traumatizing time for me, as increasing by five persons (of the opposite gender!) the number of occupants in a house the size of mine made me feel like the only rose in a window box of crabgrass. Rather conspicuous. Maybe that's not the right analogy. I'm not saying they're crabgrass really, I'm just using it as a comparative term. Hmmm, I'm sure if they read this they'll be able to take it in the spirit it's given......

Fortunately, Matt and Amy were gracious enough to allow the girls to stay at their house (except Abbey, who wasn't much trouble). If it weren't for that, we'd have made my rose and crabgrass analogy more applicable. Another thing that helped me to get through the weekend was the fact that I was able to spend Saturday working at Rache and Millie's house.

All joking aside, they really behaved pretty well, and as far as I know didn't break things or cause any problems, so I'd say it was a success. I think Jenny even feels like they would be allowed to come again should they ever desire.

Here's me signing off... ~GB

3 comments:

Noah Lattin said...

well i'm glad to hear abbey behaved :)

Abbey said...

Well Gabe I feel the need to say something that might make you want to slightly alter your post :)
It was more like a rose garden perfectly tended with but one weed :) (not really)

Danae said...

Ditto, Abbey! :) Thanks for letting us impose, Gabe.

Post a Comment