Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Why Have a Blog, Anyway?

In answering the question first posed above, my response has always been an emphatic, "good question!". In spite of the previous biases I've held towards bloggers as people with way too much time on their hands, (and keyboards under them) I decided to jump into the mix. Not with any ideas of being a key ingredient in the mix, you understand, but simply that myself and my wife may become persons who have the option of pontificating ponderously and with all sorts of pompous presumption about the various portentous subjects upon which we ponder daily in our little abode on the prairie. I don't know either. And yes, prairie is spelled with that annoying little extra i right after the a. I know that now. But since spelling is such a shortcomig of mine (see?), I didn't find it out until the clever little spell checker told me so. There, see how far we wandered in one mere paragraph? Back to my portentous ramblings......

As a blogger (wow, I feel strangely famous, even if it is an oxymoron), I shall do my best to update at least annually, if not bi-annually. I do hope that's often enough to keep up an ardent following.

My wife, just walking up and commenting that I haven't really said anything yet, brings me to the real reason for this post. Why have a blog? Well, aside from the reason above (and the fact that everyone's doing it and I want to be cool too....), it's mainly an antidote for long winter evenings. What will become of that? I've no idea. We'll just have to wait and see. As for what you can expect to see here, let me just tell you right off the bat that all postings by myself (can't say for my wife) will not likely be either too serious, or too searching. I will likely not post much, and when I do it may very well be about the mundane things that only my wife, myself, and my family will find even remotely interesting.

So, why have a blog?
1. To let folks know what we're up to in our little frame house.
2. To discuss seriously (or not) whatever is on my mind.
3. Something to do on long winter evenings.
4. A way to show my favorite pictures.
5. Hey, every-bodies doin' it!

And thus ends my answer to "why have a blog?"..... I wonder what Jenny will post? Until next time ~GB

3 comments:

Arla said...

Copycat!! --Charlotte

Arla said...

Okay Gabe,
It's nice to know you're "in". Seriously, I think it's nice. And I hope you will post your good pictures often and pontificate prolifically.

Unknown said...

You inspire me to start posting again. Sorry about the mispelled blog---that's really tragic. I think if I use my blog reader, I can avoid looking at the URL. :-) Nice to have you here, we shall read your musings with amusement and interest

Post a Comment