Friday, October 23, 2009

What's a fellow to do?

I'm about to be invaded. Not by aliens of course. Not quite, anyway. Jenny is going to be visited by five friends in a few short minutes. All female. Well, I guess I don't really have a lot more to say..... That pretty well sums it up.

Oh, it quit raining today! That was a nice thing. We've received exactly 2 1/2" of rain in the last three days, by my record. It's been a little dreary and wet, and with temperatures in the lower forties and upper thirties at night, it makes the fire feel very nice. Harvest has been put on hold... again.

So today the sun started to shine. Well, this afternoon it did. Actually, it had been shining all along. At least we think so. It's just that the visibility was too poor for us to see the ninety three million miles to know for sure that our light source was still the sun. But we suspect it was anyway. This afternoon, however, it broke through the clouds and began scattering sunbeams among the falling leaves and onto the mud puddles. They are beginning to dry, at least in theory. So I took the opportunity to take a few pictures of the leaves, since with the wind we have they won't last long. So here's a picture of our house and the big Silver Maple, and then I'll go find my hole. I should be crawling back out on Monday!

4 comments:

amyjane30 said...

poor Gabe! Just concentrate on Jenny being happy and I'm sure you'll even live through it!
BTW Jenny, The basement is ready...almost. I still have to take fresh towels down but otherwise they should be quite comfortable down there I think.

Charlotte said...

Do all the cooking and dishwashing for the weekend. You'll be a hero...

Abbey said...

You did very well Gabe:)

Abbey said...

Oh, by the way the sun must have been coming out for us (you know doing everything in it's power to make NE look half way descent).

Post a Comment